Sedecology follows a walled-garden model, and generally users are free to do as they please within the confines of their friend circle.
However, the public event feed allows for a degree of interaction with the larger community, and therefore will be moderated. Examples of disruptive behavior on the feed:
- Inciteful public typings: do not bash people in your typing analyses. Negative qualities can be relevant for typing, but have some discretion.
- Trollish public typings: do not spam the feed with joke typings.
- Inciteful or trollish comments on public typings: do not comment things like "lol", "trash take", etc. on public typings.
- For the moment profanity is allowed in usernames, but it may result in silencing (see below). Best to avoid it, and in analyses too.
The administration reserves the right to delete comments (e.g. flaming or insulting ones), especially when they're on a public typing.
Please do not create a second account (or if you do, don't make it recognizable as you). This will prevent people from comparing their typings of you. The administration can help you recover your account if you can't do so through the forgot password page.
There are a few moderation statuses, which may be applied in case of rule violation:
- Silenced users are removed from the event feed, and others are not notified of their comments or typings. This may be applied to users who make too many troll typings, or have vulgar usernames, but are otherwise benign.
- Banned users: self-explanatory. This may be applied to users who repeatedly make inciteful comments.